Here at Jack’s Flight Club (JFC) we’re a remote team spread across the world that love finding bargain flights to enable our members to go on more vacations, take more adventures, and visit friends and family across the globe.
If you think you’d enjoy sharing the same passion for great deals, we’d love to hear more from you. Have a read below at some of the attributes that make a great JFC team member and see if you’d be a good fit.
Future Open Positions with Jack's Flight Club!
Want to be notified when we have a future opening in the team - or just don't see a position that interests you currently? Sign up using this form to be alerted via email when we are growing the team again. We'll share all the details of the position and how to apply then :D
Thanks for your interest in joining us!
Deal & Content Writing Team Member (Remote, US business hours)
About the role
Jack’s Flight Club is a fully remote business with team members all over the world. We’re committed to uncovering outrageous deals on flights and removing the barriers to travel. We are looking to add an eagle-eyed flight searcher and content writer to turn our member’s (long overdue) travel dreams into reality.
You’ll be joining a small team of experts going the extra mile to find and write up engaging and informative cheap flight deals for our audience in the USA. The role will also have opportunities to write long-form content for a large community of budding travellers, as well as working with other areas to make JFC the go-to destination for travel content.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate traveller who knows their way around travelling on a budget, who loves to go off the beaten track and mix with the locals.
Most importantly, they’ll have a keen eye for writing concise copy with personality and humour and get a kick out of sending someone on a holiday they never imagined taking.
You will get all the training and support you need to become an expert in air travel but a proven record of working with large data sets and making complex decisions is a big plus.
- Searching for flight deals that help our members travel more and save cash.
- Writing engaging, informative and inspirational deal emails.
- Analysing sent emails performance and experimenting with future.
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure timely delivery and comprehensive coverage of deal emails.
- Writing longer form travel content for our social media and blog channels.
- Testing and giving feedback on new internal and customer-facing features.
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours) that involves some (limited/flexible) weekend work. Our deals are often time-sensitive, so we’re looking for someone who can work during US daytime hours.
Experience and requirements
- A quick-thinking and engaging writer who can adapt to our conversational, punchy tone, is good at polishing even the smallest details and delivering copy that’s ready to go.
- Just as important is the ability to analyze lots of data and build comprehensive expertise of flight pricing and location information.
- Someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions or receive and give feedback.
- Has flexibility for a few hours of work during weekends, on a rota.
- Understands how critical communication is at a fully remote company and has experience or can adapt to effectively collaborating with colleagues all over the world.
- Has some professional experience as a writer
- Good at picking up technical skills quickly and comfortable working with a range of software and tools.
- An understanding of SEO best practices is beneficial, but not required.
To apply for this role, stick your details in this application form. No questions asking you to repeat stuff already in your CV, promise :-)
Jack’s Flight Club is the perfect fit if:
As part of a thriving startup, you’ll have the chance to make your stamp on how we do things while living our core values:
We trust each member of the team to work responsibly and efficiently remotely
Our team is focused on putting our members first at all levels of collaboration
We are open to discussion at any time, for simple questions or for brainstorming solutions
We make sure to talk about any subject affecting the team or our work, even the difficult subjects, in a constructive and positive way
We aren’t afraid to have a laugh with each other
Creative problem-solving and bootstrapping solutions is our idea of a perfect afternoon ;)
We proactively look for ways to develop, both professionally and personally
We know that anything worth doing is worth doing well, so we set the bar while doing it
Benefits of joining our team:
🌴 Paid time off - Want to reconnect with why you love travel deals or just time to veg out? You’ll get 20+ days of paid leave (plus paid public holidays) to rest and recharge
🤓 Professional development - We work with you to grow your skills and will foot the bill on reading material to help you get there
💻 Tech Bonus - Spruce up your home office with a new desk, fancy external hard drive, or getting that exotic house plant you’ve been eyeing is now possible, on us
😀 Drama-free workplace - Open communication at all levels and no office politics, so you only have to focus on doing what needs doing :)
🥎 Prioritize work/life balance - We know that sometimes life takes place in the 9-5, so we don't mind if you take breaks to run to the bank or adjust your schedule around a softball game
🙌 Help shape our team for the better - You have a chance to contribute in a big way, growing our startup policies so they make sense and grow a better company
🌎 Multicultural workplace - Work with people all over the world, so you'll never know where your teammate will be logging in from next!
👶 Family Leave - Time to adjust to new additions (and learn a new normal) is important, which is why we offer both parents paid time off